FileMaker Pro Session 3
Tips & Shortcuts
Create a New File
- Double-click on FileMakerPro.
- Give the file a name.
Tip: FileMakerPro automatically
saves all record data entered.Types of Fields
- A 9 point Helvetica
Bold field label appears left of the field.
- Press the tab key to
move the I-Beam down to the next field box.
- Shift-tab moves the
- When completed, Edit...New
- Repeat the above data
entry procedures for new records.
Used for repetitive data entry
of similar info.command + d. will duplicate the selected record.
- Edit...Duplicate Record
- A duplicate of the previous record appears on the screen.
- Edit data in the appropriate field boxes or type in
the new information.
- Tab over any unchanged data fields.
Replacing DataUsed for single field update
of multiple records
- Find all records that
- Make data corrections
in a single field.
Paste (Ditto Data) from Last Record
- command + apostrophe. Will copy and paste information
from the previous record to the current records matching (selected)
Paste from Last Record with Auto
- command + shift +apostrophe Will copy and paste previous
information from the previous record into the current records matching,
selected field. After data is pasted, program automatically tabs to the next
- command + - Brings in todays date
View from Index
- command + I Allows preview of field data in a specific
field for all records.
- command + = Updates data in multiple records with a single
- command + F Performs single or multiple finds of data
in all records.
- command + J Automatically brings all records in data
file into view.
- command + S Performs single and/or multiple sorting of
data in all records selected.
Enter the Current Date or Time
- Command + hyphen is the same as typing the date yourself.
- Command + semicolon is the same as typing the time yourself.
- command + Z will undo.
- command + X will cut.
- command + C will copy.
- command + V will paste.
- command + A will select all.
- command + N for a new record.
- command + M will omit a record.
- command + P will print.
- command + Q will quit.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to enter
data 1.) accurately and 2.) quickly.